Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mr. Fuss

Cayden is going on 24 hours without a good stretch of sleep.  I don't think he's slept for more than 30 minutes in his crib.  About the only way we can get him to sleep is if he is laying on someone's chest or if I have him in the Baby Bjorn front carrier.  Otherwise, he just shrieks and cries and grimaces and writhes and looks completely miserable.  I'm hoping it's just a temporary reaction to another vaccination he had yesterday afternoon.

A nurse came to our home to administer his last shot of Synergis for the season.  She weighed him - he is officially 8 pounds! - and did a brief exam as well.  She was friendly and talkative and seemed competent enough, but when she left, I about passed out when she bent down and kissed him on the cheek.  I was completely speechless and it was all I could do to not shriek and smack her upside the head.  The woman should know that you don't TOUCH anyone else's baby, especially a preemie, without washing your hands, let alone put your nasty germ-laden lips all over one!  I don't know if I'm over reacting to this or what, but I am seriously considering calling the agency to tell them what she did.  It just horrifies me that a pediatric health care professional would administer a vaccination to a preemie so that his chance of catching a life-threatening virus are reduced, then turn around and potentially expose him to whatever she may have been in contact with.  Unbelievable!

In other news, I saw the official email that went out at work today announcing that I won't be returning any time soon because I need to stay home to take care of my family for now.  As of Friday, I will officially be unemployed.  I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with it.  I always thought it would be awesome to be a stay-at-home mom, but I am absolutely panicked at the thought of giving up my career.  My hope is to return in a year or so, once Cayden's immune system is mature enough for him to go to daycare, but I'm just having a really hard time letting go for now.  I've never been good with change, especially change that I don't have much of a say in.  I guess I just have to trust that things will work out and rely on the 'everything happens for a reason' faith.

3 comments:

Steven and Ashley said...

You come to work and I'll come stay with him :)

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THE FACT THAT YOU GOT TOMAKE YOUR DECISIONIS SO MUCH BETTER. I WISH I HAD MADE THAT DECISION..INSTEAD OF IT BEING MADE FOR ME... (HAHAHAH) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.... LOVE IT AND LOVE THOSE BOYS AND ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE WITH THEM BECAUSE IT WILL GO BY SO FAST. I KNOW THAT EVERYONE WILL SAY IT TO YOU. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY MY OLDEST WAS 3... NOW HE IS HITTING 11 YEAR OLD BOYS THAT WEIGH 225 POUNDS ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.

ENJOY THESE HARD TIMES, ENJOY THE EASY TIMES, THE FUN, THE SILLY, THE CUTE, QUITE, THE LOUD, SOFT, SWEET, SCARY, CRAZY, ENJOY THEM ALL. I AM RE-LEARNING EVERYDAY THAT BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM REALLY IS A GOOD JOB AND I NEED TO ENJOY IT!!!!

PS. SMACK THAT WOMAN AND CALL HER BOSS!!!
~DE ANNA

Unknown said...

OMG, I can't believe she kissed him! Yes, I would call the agency and hope that they take care of it, so it doesn't happen again. Do you have one of those signs for the stroller?

Just enjoy your time off! You can always work, but can never get back this time in his life! I truly believe "things happen for a reason":)