Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Marching for Babies

Later next month, I will be participating in the March of Dimes March for Babies, a three mile walk and fundraiser.  I wanted to do it last year, but we had just brought Cayden home from the hospital a few weeks earlier and life was totally chaotic, so I promised myself that I would do it this year.

The March of Dimes has funded research that without a doubt saved Cayden's life and I feel like it's the least I can do to try to help raise money for their efforts.

Jason will still be out of town, so I'll be bringing both boys with me, pushing the double BOB stroller, and walking with several friends on our team, Cayden Ferguson.

I haven't done any fundraising in a long time - probably since I hocked Girl Scout cookies thirty-some years ago - and things have changed a lot since then.  It's all online and electronic which makes it easy in a lot of ways, but also somewhat impersonal.

Alas, that is the point of this whole March, so if you follow the blog and could find it in your heart to make a donation, I, Cayden, and millions of other babies would be most grateful!  You can use the link below...
Donate to the March of Dimes in honor of Cayden

Thank you!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will be walking as well at the one in Rock Hill, SC.!! In honor of all the preemies including my own that day!

Christa said...

That's awesome, Nicole! Best wishes to you and your handsome little guy!

Amanda said...

How did the walk go? I wanted to go this year, but our preemie princess was born at 30 weeks just a few weeks ago and the walk was this past weekend.

Christa said...

Hi Amanda ~ The walk is this Saturday. I was really looking forward to it, but it looks like the weather is going to be terrible - cold and rainy - so now I'm a bit anxious about taking our little man out for his public "debut" in those conditions. I'll post an update after we walk and lots of love to you and your sweet baby. Hang in there...