Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Surgery success

I only have time for a super-quick update as I am at the hospital.  This is the first moment I have been able to put Cayden down, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be waking up any minute to eat one last time before bed and I need to mix up his milk.

The surgery went well.  The anesthesiologist was able to do a spinal and epidural, so we avoided having to put him through general anesthesia.  Dr. Bruney repaired the inguinal hernia on his right side and when she took a peek at the left side, determined it was herniated enough to warrant repairing.  She also did his circumcision, all without incident. 

Things have been quite stressful and disorganized since we've arrived in the patient room.  I don't have time to comment on all of the problems, but suffice it to say that I am extremely disappointed in Children's Hospital.  No hot water in the room, didn't have the proper oxygen regulator for Cayden's settings, a towel rack that crashed to the ground when I placed a dry washcloth on it, unable to get his meds until 10 hours after we arrived, nothing for Cayden to wear, no fridge or bottle warmer in the room . . . this would be so much easier if we could just go home.  Hopefully we'll be to get some sleep here soon and will be able to get out of here in 12 hours or less!

No comments: