Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Chub-a-love!

Cayden gained three ounces Thursday night!  His weight is up to 4 lbs. 14 oz.  I'm so proud that he's putting on weight even while bottle and breast feeding.

Thank you to my friends, Mark and Andrea, who came to babysit a coughing, snuffly Jamison so I could go see Cayden tonight.  I, too, started feeling under the weather Wednesday night.  My throat was a bit scratchy and sore, but after discussing it with the day nurse, I decided to go ahead and visit.  Because I'm not running a fever, she said it should be o.k.  I just made sure to wear a mask over my nose and mouth and scrubbed the heck out of my hands.

This evening, I was informed by Nurse Megan that they've been watching and discussing a few things in rounds:  apparently, Cayden has an umbilical hernia and an inguinal hernia and there will be a surgery consult sometime in the next few weeks to discuss the plan to repair them.  Also, they're following his thyroid levels which have been high, and may suggest an endocrine consult.  Although none of this is stuff I want to hear, they are comparatively minor things to deal with when you consider all of the other, more serious hurdles that preemies face.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the NICU tomorrow and it's really bumming me out.  This sore throat seems to be intensifying, and I don't want to take any chances.  I was hoping it was just allergies or the dry air, but now I don't think so.  :-(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No problem Christa. We hope both you and Jamison start feeling better soon. Take Care.

Mark and Andrea