Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

The slumber party is over

Apparently, I've been breaking the rules.  Moms are not allowed to sleep during kangaroo care.  Oops!  It was brought to my attention the morning after I spent the night at the hospital.  I had mentioned to the nurse that was on duty that I should have come in to kangaroo at 6:00 that morning rather than trying to go back to sleep in my room because I would have slept much better.  The nurse said, "You're not allowed to sleep while you have the baby.  That's a big no-no!"  In my sleep-deprived delirium, I think I may have thrown my favorite primary nurses under the bus by saying, "Really?", indicating that no one had ever stopped me from napping before.  So Nurse Megan had to have an official talk with me last night about The Rules.  I can see where they're coming from as far as not wanting a baby to squirm out of their mother's grasp while she is passed out, sawing logs while holding her baby.  But although I may technically be sleeping sometimes, I am hyper-aware of every little movement Cayden makes and every little noise from his monitors, so I highly doubt anything bad would ever happen.  Nonetheless, the slumber party is over.  Cayden can sleep, but I won't be enjoying any more catnaps during kangaroo care!

As of last night, Cayden is up to 3 lbs. 6 oz!  They upped his dosage of zinc and caffeine based on his increasing weight, which should in turn help him continue to put on the pounds, albeit an ounce or two at a time.

2 comments:

Steven and Ashley said...

That stinks! You're like um I've never been awake...

Unknown said...

WOW! That totally sucks!