Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Plateau

I'm starting to get the feeling that Cayden may still be in the hospital well beyond his due date.  The nurses and the fellow I've talked to over the past couple of days have all sort of been hinting at it, but no one will say for sure.  Of course, they don't have a crystal ball to look into to be able to tell how he'll do over the next three weeks, but from their experience and looking at Cayden's history, they're saying it wouldn't be surprising if he had to stay longer. 

There's nothing I want more than to have our family all under one roof as soon as possible, but I understand that the hospital is the best place for him to be until he gets all of his issues worked out.  I just wish "as soon as possible" was sooner rather than later.

There hasn't been any obvious breakthrough yet since they put him on the Simply Thick additive, but now I'm hearing it may take up to a week to see the results.  His weight was up again tonight to 5 lbs. 12 oz.

For some reason lately, my patience is wearing thin.  Everything is wait and see, wait and see.  I'm getting so tired of waiting and not seeing what I want to see!  Or just when I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel, someone moves the end of the tunnel further out.

I guess we've reached that proverbial plateau in the marathon.  I'm tired.  But I've got no choice but to cinch up my laces and keep running.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am feeling such frustration for you!! >:(