Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big and loud

I don't know if it's because I haven't seen him in two days or because he really is bigger, but Cayden looked BIG last night when I finally got to see him!  Of course, his weight has gone up, up, up over the past two days - he weighed in at 5 lbs. 4.5 oz. on Monday night and tipped the scale at 5 lbs. 5.5 oz. last night.  I've heard of full-term babies weighing that much when they're born!  His face is full and round with those chubby cheeks, and he was busting the buttons on the preemie outfit the nurse dressed him in last night.  It's the first time he's worn it and will probably be the last!



Then there's his cry.  He let out a wail two or three times while I was holding him and it actually made me wince it was so loud!  I could swear that just two days ago, all he could muster was a weak, muted whine.  Not anymore!  It's music to my ears.

I will be heading out in the bitter cold in a few minutes to see him again.  Jason is stuck in Toronto because of the bad weather back East and I just got short notice that our daycare provider, Mayra, has to leave the country to attend the funeral of a dear friend of the family, so I want to get my visits in while I can because who knows when I'll be able to get back to the hospital with all of my first-line help falling through . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought Connor might start crying when he saw the latest photo! He was so happy to see those chubby cheeks! (ME 2!)