Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

30 weeks down, 10 to go

As of today, I would have been 30 weeks pregnant.  It's amazing to me to think this little baby is living outside of my body this early.

When I showed up at the NICU today, they were just finishing a head ultrasound.  I didn't realize they'd be doing these periodically throughout his stay.  I thought the one he had when he was about 10 days old would be his last if it looked good, but apparently they continue to monitor him.  I did kangaroo care with him after they finished the ultrasound.  I felt he didn't do as well as he has been doing lately, but with all the action he'd had just prior to my holding him, that's not unexpected.  It seemed the alarms were going off a lot more than they have been, and although the nurse said he did have a few desats, she said he did pretty well overall, so I'm happy!

No comments: