Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Not a creature was stirring

I wasn't able to get to the NICU until 10:30 last night, Christmas Eve.  I had just missed Cayden's care time and he was sound asleep.  I asked the nurse if she thought I should wake him to kangaroo with him and she said it was up to me.  To hold him was all I wanted for Christmas, so I selfishly said, "let's do it", hoping the move from his isolette to my warm skin would be quick and that he would fall right back asleep.  No such luck.  He was as wiggly as I've ever seen him!  I spent about 90 minutes with him and put him back just before midnight, telling him if he didn't go to sleep, Santa wouldn't be able to come visit him in the night.  The nurse wrapped him up in his Christmas blanket, dimmed the lights, and put the cover over his isolette.  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: