Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Good day, good night

I visited Cayden again this evening, while nurse Valerie was on duty.  Cayden had a good day and was on track to have a good night as well.  The official word is that he is back to where he was before his infection, looking very good and healthy.  Valerie encouraged me to do Kangaroo Care although I was nervous about it after what happened the last time.  She reassured me that he was in great shape and that she'd be close by the whole time. 

It was a strange mix of complete joy and total anxiety - the minute he was on my chest, I just melted.  But the euphoria was short-lived.  Any time he moved his head, any time his monitor chimed or alarmed, all I could think was "did that affect his airflow?  Is he still o.k?"  Then he got the hiccups and I got really nervous, so I called Valerie to come make sure everything was o.k., which it was.

I spent 45 minutes with him and he did just great.  We got him bundled back up in his isolette and he quickly settled into sleep.  All was good.

No comments: