Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

One month old!

Can it be that Cayden is a month old already?  Technically, we still talk in gestational terms - tomorrow he will be 30 weeks - and his age will be adjusted for the first couple years of his life when it comes to developmental milestones, but I wished him a happy birthday today anyway.

The little one is getting feisty in his "old" age - apparently, he pulled out his feeding tube today!  His hands are always up by his face and despite the nurses' best efforts to swaddle him with those arms down by his side, he insists on having them out.  Headstrong and willful already!

With Jason still in Memphis for work and my dad having left this morning, I am having to juggle Jamison, constant pumping of breast milk, and trips to the NICU by myself for the next couple of days, but thanks to the help of so many friends, I should be able to manage.  Today's visit to see Cayden was made possible by my friend and co-worker, Liz, and her sweet little boy, Tate, who came to our house to watch Jamison so I could go to the hospital.

I made the most of my visit, doing kangaroo care for almost two hours.  Cayden did great the whole time. It's amazing how fast the time goes by!  

No comments: