Tiny hand

Tiny hand
November 20, 2010 (one day old)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The best (belated) birthday present ever

Last Thursday, I kept saying, "All I want for my birthday is to be able to hold Cayden".  But when we got to the NICU that day, they had done several things to him that kind of tuckered him out, so they said I should just let him rest without the additional action of moving him out of his isolette.  That was the first time in five days I couldn't hold him and I was crushed.

Today, I got my belated birthday present!  Thirty minutes of bliss with little Cayden on my chest.

He is doing and looking so much better!  We're getting back on track to where we were before - they started giving him breast milk again, took out his arterial line, and reduced the amount of time they will give him antibiotics from 7 to 5 days.  Blood pressure, labs, x-rays are all looking good and he's doing well on SiPAP.

Hopefully this good trend will continue . . .

No comments: